About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Does it Ever End? More July Goals

When I think about the personal value I get out of this blog and the personal drive and energy it adds to my life, one of the most important things is public goal-setting. I realize they’ve taken up a larger share of the posts….. but so, be it. One of my best tactics of late is to get more aggressive about setting goals for different time horizons. So in addition to my main savings goal from yesterday, here are my new July Goals.

Daily Goals
Read a minimum of 5 articles in the WSJ (or equivalent) each day.

Weekly Goals (4 of these, 1 for each week)
Read and log notes about Portuguese wines.
Finish reading all of my library books and return them.
Re-read my novel and stories and write a planned writing schedule for August.
Pick up boxes and pack up all books; also make a total packing list.

Monthly Goals
Complete the rest of my 5K Training schedule and find a race in Palo Alto to run.
Complete all B-School prep required (mainly Accounting and Finance workbooks).

No comments: