About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reflecting back on June

NetWorth up to $43,971! +4% from last month, on the strength of my company stock price, and tiny bumps in my retirement fund. I guess I haven’t done so horribly this month – especially given the fact that I made TWO major purchases this month – the IPhone 3GS and a new Schwinn Hybrid from Costco. When I reflect back on my June goals, I feel like I was able to accomplish quite a fair amount, in every single category of my life except for my finances. What I didn’t do this month was to fully fund my ING Savings, so my liquid emergency fund has remained pretty stagnant at this point.

I finished planning the OutWest Roadtrip, Completed 3 weeks of training for a 5K, and brought a good deal more joy into my life… But I did NOT fully fund my ING Savings account (which is putting in my $450 a month contribution).

Not to get myself too down, my #1 July goal is to not only fully fund my ING account the usual $450, but to bump it up another $400 as well. Hopefully my impending month of unemployment will help catalyze me all the way there. The major cuts in spending are going to be coming from clothing (no major purchases), alcohol (I will not enter our premium wine store, nor will I allow the Guy in there… we are drinking what we have!), gas (just filled up my tank at the end of this month + carpooling) and entertainment (my home made fun this month will be packing up our stuff!)

No comments: