About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Budget Bonanza


I finally laid out my monthly cashflow and it isn’t pretty. I took an average of the last three months and laid everything out.

In March: I saved an additional $13 over my expenses and automatic savings goals.
In April: I spent $131 more than I made.
In May: I spent $193 more than I made.
NOT a good trajectory.

So I have revised down to a pretty radical budget (for me), which I’ll be implementing immediately (although June is pretty much over and I’m set to be way over.) So starting with July, I’m hoping to turn this around in a big way... I think the biggest problem areas for me are going to be:
- Eating Out (because who likes thinking about money when they’re out with friends?)
- Clothing/Shoes (already been feeling like my wardrobe needs a refresh in a few categories, and I’m going to New York and Cape Cod in the next few weeks)

But to compensate, my stretch goal is to knock down a few more categories:

- Personal Care – Down to 75
- ATM – Down to 40
- Car Maintenance – hopefully nothing else happens with my car…

I think I’ve been pretty reasonable here, but anyone see any glaring categories?

No comments: