About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Goals and an Exciting Purchase...

April is my favorite month. It’s my birthday month, it’s Easter this year, it’s *usually* when Spring finally comes to Minnesota. And on top of that, the Guy and I have a trip to New York planned this month. So, in addition to all that, this month my goals are:

+ Finish studying for Calculus and pass my pre-b-school online tutorial.
(no small feat)

+ RUN 30 minutes 3x each week.
(I always make it to the gym at least this , but I never run... because I detest it... but I'm learning this really IS the most efficient calorie-burn for my time. And I feel so good afterwards...)

+ Cook for The Guy 3 nights a week.
(Since he's been living in a hotel in northwest Arkansas and eating out for EVERY meal for the past MONTH, I'm expecting him to be a bit of a fatty upon his return. So I've promised him that I will cook him lots of healthy meals when he's back. He's really a much better cook than me but he sometimes lacks the recipe ingenuity. So I realize this will be more like me planning our meals and picking out recipes for us to cook together 3nights per week.)

This is also the month that I’m eligible for an upgrade with AT&T, and I think the time has come for me to get an iPhone. I am justifying this as a somewhat school and career-related necessity. If I am going to be interviewing with high-tech companies like Apple, how can I afford to not be familiar with their devices? Right, I can feel you all collectively rolling your eyes at me. But whatever. So to at least partially fund this, I am giving myself the challenge of not spending even $1 – i.e. managing not to even visit Target, Costco and my favorite wine shop this month. I usually average about $100 a month at these three retailers in total, so it will make a small dent towards the iPhone purchase.

No comments: