About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update on my Winter Savings Challenge with AFI

The first day of spring has passed us by, but since it’s still 30 degrees where I live, I don’t think we’re quite done with Winter… and so, as good a time as any to check in on my winter challenge to see more of the movies on the AFI Top 100 list. When I originally posted, I had 75 movies to see, and now… I still have 68 movies left. A lot. I’ve dissolved the dog fund, and can’t say that I uniformly sent in extra savings for the movie every time anyway, but in general, it’s a nice reminder overall – another reason to stay in and have fun at home rather than going out and spending money when you don’t have to! So I'm reframing this from personal finance and just making this a fun challenge for myself, as a good worldly citizen.

Next up for me on my movie list:
+ Goodfellas
+ Unforgiven
+ Pulp Fiction
+ A Clockwork Orange

No comments: