About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, August 29, 2008

August Budget / Goals Round-Up

In August I went over my budget by $15. What hurt me were mainly gifts for others, so I’m kind of okay with that. I filled up the Guy’s tank and bought gas for some friends when they took us up north to their cabin for a weekend and bought some gifts for friends who are writing business school recommendations for me. Otherwise, it was the usual suspects – I went $75 over my clothing budget and way over on expensive dinners with the Guy.

Oops, plus I didn’t even count the fact that I finally booked my flight to ARGENTINA! Which was actually quite a steal at $1100. We’re leaving mid- November so it will be late Spring there. Any recommendations for the following cities: Buenos Aires and Mendoza, Argentina; Colonia, Uruguay; Santiago, Chile? Any and all will be appreciated. The plan is to see the sights in BA, do the wine region for a bit of indulgence mid-trip and then do some hiking and outdoorsy stuff in between Mendoza and Chile to wrap up.

Oh, we also have half a day in Miami on the way down. Anyone save the last 36hrs in Miami column or have cheapish recommendations for what to do besides South Beach?

No comments: