About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Part-Time Professionals

I recently found out about two really great opportunities for professionals not in the workforce to find flexible part-time work they’re qualified for. (My company actually employs a similar group – but for retirees, which is how I caught wind of the industry.) The two are below:

MomCorps is a company what provides companies direct access to previously untapped segment of exceptional talent – professional women who have opted out of the workforce to care for children. Flexible Executives offers companies qualified candidates for project-based work at discounted rates. Companies can secure top talent for economical rates and professional women can choose stimulating work on their terms and timelines. If you happen to find yourself out of the workforce for a myriad of reasons, kind of nice to tuck away in your for-reference folder…

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

There are several more businesses across the country with similiar services to help talented professionals (often moms and now Baby Boomers seeking phased retirement) find part-time careers. They include Flexible Resources(www.flexibleresources.com) in New York City, Balancing Professionals (www.balancingprofessionals.com) in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area, and 10 til 2 (www.tentiltwo.com) in several midwest cities.

Suzy said...

Thanks Maryanne! I am going to look up Balancing Professionals (I have tons of family in the Raleigh area, so I can pass on the resource.