About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Eternal Question(s)

Wow, the economy is depressing, eh? I know, such an original post subject.

On the bright side, today I bought a pair of gorgeous Jimmy Choo patent leather pink flats, for $104. They originally retailed for $365, were marked down quite a bit, and then I had a gift card. I barely feel bad for exceeding my clothing budget this month. I'm not even a shoes kind of person and these shoes in particular were certainly a nonessential. But at that price tag, I couldn't resist the urge to answer the question: Really? Could those tiny pretty little things really be worth the exorbitant premium they exact? Who is this Jimmy character and why can he inspire such shopaholic passion in so many, in so many genres?

No comments: