About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Nitty Gritty Goals for 2009

I realized, after reading all of your goals over the past few weeks that I need to make some more substantive goals of my own to put some legs on my “almost-annual” 2009 goal. My best friend gave me a massage for Christmas, which I redeemed today…. And I developed all of these goals in that near-bliss catatonic state. Hopefully I’ll carry with me a little of that zen feeling every time I chip away at them each month.

2009 Annual Goal: Increase Net Worth to $46K ($7K increase)

Financial:
1 – Get to the full three-months of expenses in my emergency fund.
2 – Once we get a dog, transfer all automatic savings over to grad-school and wedding-funds, split evently – save $2000 in total towards these goals.
3 – Become a loan expert and secure a great loan package for grad school.
4 – Stretch: Max out 2008 Roth by April deadline

Non-Financial:
1 – Become more genuinely interested in others. (a la the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People)
2 – Finish one story this year. (I know this seems like a pretty lame goal, but I wanted to start small so I wouldn't be too intimidated to start. So, one story to conceive, draft, write, edit and complete!)

No comments: