About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Money the Ultimate Motivator

I read recently in a women’s magazine (I think ELLE?) about a weight-loss strategy that’s truly hilarious. Apparently there’s a website out there where you can enter in your weight loss goal and a financial “wager” if you will. And if you don’t reach your goal – you have to relinquish that money. You can set it up so that the money goes to charity, or even more comical – an ex-boyfriend or an old enemy. I won’t be signing up anytime soon, but I guess if you’re desperate it must be a pretty effective strategy. And it just goes to show you, money really is the ultimate motivator.

No comments: