About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, January 2, 2009

January Goals

I really do love the new year. Nothing makes you feel more hopeful than a fresh start, whether genuine or conjured.

My January Goals are caught up in this spirit of optimism, so let’s see if they fare better than my 2008 goals. The first two are tied in to me and the Guy’s new year’s resolution(s)…His: lose 8 pounds, Mine: lose 5 pounds and clean up my nails. (Really I should take a picture and upload it... it's downright disgusting. When I quit smoking, I replaced the oral fixation with my hands. I guess there are worse habits, but it's time for my hands to look like an adult's, not a teenager's.) Our before & after deadline is March 1st. Wish us luck!

Otherwise, I want to actually read my book club book, plus one more from the library. And since our doggie deadline of April 1st is nearing closer, I want to make sure I put the right amount in for January, with only three months left! (And finally, still trying to make up for the damage done in Argentina, by reducing my expenses to build back up my overall accounts.)

The last one is aggressive… we’ll call it the stretch goal.

__ Work out 5 days a week
__ Clean up my nails – plan for at least 3 manicures in my expenses!
__ Finish reading 2 books
__ Add $250 to Doggie Fund
__ Reduce Jan. Expenses by $150

No comments: