About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's a miracle.

I actually kept my October Goals. They were....

Wrap up all of my Business School applications: Check. They'er all in. Note the uptick in posts and sanity.

30min of exercise 5 days a week: Check! The Guy and I have been on a rampage to get fit for Argentina so we're in shape for hiking. It all started when we went for a nice fall run together and we had to stop to walk every 5 minutes. Neither of us are overweight, but we could just use some discipline. So, we decided to do something about it. We started Weight Watchers and we got a personal training session at our gym (surprisingly economical for a joint session: $70 total. He picked up the tab for this one, and I'm getting the next one when we want to refresh our routine). We've been sticking to it for the most part. I've gotten off track a bit on keeping track of my Weight Watchers 'points' (wow, that's hard...) but I've stuck to the fitness regime.

-Keep to my budget to the dime: Yep! As of now, I'm $5 under budget! What helped? My "no spend" days skyrocketed this month! It really makes a difference when you just stay home, eat at home, and don't find excuses to go out and buy things... even small things, like the alluring weekend Target run or evening stop-in for "one" drink.

Woohoo..... I'm actually motivated to start thinking about my November goals!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the goals! I'm planning to apply to bschool in a couple of years.. but already doing research now.

Suzy said...

Thanks! Starting earlier is definitely wise! I started back in the summer on the essays and applications... and it took me every second to get them done on top of work and everything else.... good luck with the search!