About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Moving-In Landmines

So the Guy and I are thinking about moving in together.

Something that I have wanted and been ready for – for months and months. I never spend time in my place as it is. I get so frustrated shuttling clothes back and forth. And now I can help him pay his mortgage rather than spending a thousand dollars in rent for a place I sleep in once a month. All sounds good, right? But I know there are landmines I’m not seeing. Those of you who made this choice fairly recently – any warnings or advice before I sell all my stuff? The Guy and I definitely do not share the same sense of frugality, but we are very open with each other, and I think we are comfortable with some push and pull. He likes it when I help him grow and learn about his finances, and I know when to back off and just let him be him.

I think. Help… What are those moving-in landmines you don't see coming?

No comments: