About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

My 2009 'Annual' Goal...

Recently, in a comment-exchange with Well-Heeled, I realized how valuable it would be for me to have an annual savings goal in addition to my monthly goals. I do think it would help me keep a longer-term, broader perspective beyond all the ups and downs and surprises from month to month.

Admitting that my whole financial world will be changing next year when I take out enormous loans to go back to school, I think this will be a realistic goal for now until next August – so most of 2008. In reality, my goals on the sidebars are really more like my financial “to-do” list.

My net worth has gone up $7,000 over the past year, since I started tracking. So my “most of 2009” goal should be to increase it the same amount in 3 months less time. Should be kind of interesting in the current market, but not entirely unrealistic...

2009 Annual Goal: Increase Net Worth to $46K

No comments: