About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Luxury vs. Necessity

Yay! $1000 closer to paying off my credit card! Also applied for a Citicard today though I wont be doing any real spending on it... just trying to improve my debt-to-available-credit ratio.

I found this article in the NYTimes today to be a very funny commentary on our ability to limit nonessentials. I've decided my new goal for Feb is to do just that - cut out all luxuries and limit the nonessentials to see how much I can save next month. Not sure what the right $ amt is but this will be a trial month and I will post updates along the way. Just my attempt to be hyperaware of what I'm spending. Only for one month anyway!

No comments: