About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Time for Money

I became an E-Miles member not too long ago, and have been pleasantly surprised with the experience. Here’s how it works, you wade through marketing messages and respond to surveys so companies can gauge how interested your demographic will be in buying their products and services. They give you miles to be added to an airline account of your choice.

Do I feel bad about whoring myself out to consumerism, you ask? No. I am smarter than you, Company. I know what I want and what I don’t. You can’t convince me I need things. And I already have to wade through marketing messages so I might as well get some compensation for the hassle. Right now I have only amassed 320 miles (most surveys are worth 5-15 miles for your time) but I don’t mind too much that it’s filling up gradually. The surveys are fairly short and it gives me something arguably productive to do on those Friday afternoons at four when there is no way I’m going to be getting work done.

E-Poll or American Consumer Opinion surveys are two other resources you might want to try (compensation based instead of airline miles... cash or gift cards) in case you're into the concept.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I also have an e-miles account...However, I don't travel very much so I don't ever use my miles...but it's a goal to start...