About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mint.com

If you haven’t checked this out already, the Guy turned me onto this Mint.com site. Is essentially intended to be the “Quicken” for this generation. It’s a free online service that helps track your spending by category – restaurants, travel, etc. It also has a feature which tells you how you can save money by switching your financial institution. It was a little cryptic to me exactly where those “Save $175” figures came from, and I don’t think I’ll be switching over, especially because the phrasing “personalized offer” scares me, especially online. Right now it’s just a Beta version, so it could get better… but I’ll be using it as just a personal resource to track spending on the small stuff. (Over $500 at restaurants for November and December!!! Yikes.)

No comments: