About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Time is Money Part II

When I first entered the corporate world, an important mentor in my life remarked casually: “You either have time or you have money. It’s one or the other – rarely both. Sometimes neither.” She said this to justify using our corporate concierge service for shoe repair, where you pay a premium for services that you could do cheaper or free by yourself, if you only had the time. I’m finding myself in that trade-off position all the time. But I wonder if there are other aspects which I can capitalize on more often: where do I have the time to do or research things my own or plan enough ahead to save money?

I found a great resource on the time vs. money conundrum here. A few of their very simple examples:
+ Gas – Pump on Tuesdays for the best deals of the week.
+ Vacations – Travel in the “shoulder seasons” (February in Europe, April in the Caribbean / ski country)
+ Bills – Pay online and save $70 a year on postage.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I pay my bills online because I'm lazy...but it is nice that it saves money...