About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life Updates - Argentina & Grad School Apps

We had a brain trust session last night - with myself, the Guy and the other couple we're going to Argentina with this Fall. And I think we have the perfect plan... it seems like we're on the same page with expenses too, which is nice. The only problem - most of the hotels we're trying to find are already booked. Guess it's a popular trip for November.... we'll keep trying! Here's the itinerary for lodging and entertainment:

Buenos Aires - renting an apartment, $200/night, split between 4 people
A ferry to Uruguay - $40
Boca Juniors soccer game - $100
Flight to Mendoza $200
Staying at a winery $150/night, split between 2 people
Trek into the Andes on a guided tour $250
Overnight bus to Iguazu Falls $120 (also saves a night at a hotel)
Hotel in Iguazu Falls - FREE, on Starwood points!

So there's some splurges and some skrimping. And that of course doesn't count all of the food and fine wine I'll be tasting throughout the week. Now all I have to do before I go is finish all of my business school essays and applications. ONE MONTH LEFT. Scary stuff!

1 comment:

mysticdomestica said...

There are no words for how jealous I am of your upcoming trip. It sounds amazing... and pretty economical, considering!