About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Perfect Storm

I haven’t been writing a lot lately. But suffice it to say, that along with everyone else, I hold my breath before I flip on CNN in the morning. What will have gone broke and broken in the night? Who knows. It’s hard to even stay engaged or to know what to do. It definitely is the “perfect storm” of investor anxiety. In the end, I am still resolute to stay still in the 401(k) plan I have as well as my Roth. So far, I haven’t seen anything get too far off… and I still have decades before I’d be retiring. So I’m staying put. But it’s still pretty satisfying to peruse advice and resources on fortifying your 401(k) – like this kit of articles from Forbes. Just a nice triple check to make sure you have the same piece of mind.

No comments: