About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

September Goals

___ Finish planning Argentina trip: The plan is to book remaining tours and travel out of my monthly budget and then use what I’ve been saving in my travel account for fun and food expenses once I leave.

___ Yoga everyday. I tried to cancel my yoga studio membership for the months leading up to my trip, but as it turns out, I have to give thirty days notice to cancel. Ouch for not reading the fine print. Since I haven’t been going to yoga the past few weeks with the anticipation that I’d be seeing that $95 monthly charge, I’m now going to go every single day through Sept. 17th, to take advantage of the waning weeks of membership. So far, so good.

___ Increase the amount of "no-spend days" from August. I picked up on the idea of “No Spend Days” from Always the Planner – the idea being to increase the number of days when you don’t spend a single cent on anything. Obviously doesn’t work if you’re just saving up for crazy splurge days, but in general I like the concept. It’s a nice reminder to yourself that you can do plenty and live fully not spending dollars. From now on, I’ll be tracking this along with my budget and see if I can ramp it up.

No comments: