About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Guide to "Inexpensive" Makeup Picks

I have officially switched out of my $30 bucks a pop nice MAC foundation and back to drug store brands… and am quite jubilant about it. One little recessionista step for me. I stumbled upon the April InStyle feature on Best Beauty Buys for 2009 on the treadmill this morning and instead of rushing out to the mall to buy more urgently needed makeup, I scampered over to Target.

They published a shopping list for the category, and I have listed the only items in their “inexpensive” category below, i.e. what you can find in the drug store. (A lot of the best beauty buys are apparently $100+, not so recessionista friendly. Even the inexpensive picks average around the $8-10 range, which depending on your priorities... isn't always so attractive.)

LIPS: Loreal Paris Colour Riche, Revlon Super Lustrous, Maybelline Shine Seduction

EYES: Loreal Paris Voluminous Mascara (on my list), Loreal Paris HIP Powder (I can vouch – I love this stuff!)

CHEEKS: Loreal Paris Bare Naturale Mineral Doux

FACE: Max Factor Erace Cover Up (on my list), Loreal Paris True Match Foundation (what I bought tonight!)

No comments: