About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Monday, June 1, 2009

May Net Worth Update

A couple of things have put quite a large dent in my usual savings cushion – some pretty serious car repairs to the tune of $700 in April, wedding gifts $175, travel for those weddings, etc. and especially all of the expenses I’m attributing to “Business School Prep.” I have to buy a bike and order $330 of summer reading – mmm, who likes teaching themselves accounting! Not to mention the BLOWOUT weekend spent when my best friend came in from out of town. Worth it? Umm, I hope so.

Despite all that, my Net Worth ticked UP in May to $42,290 – up 6% or so! Mostly due to some upward swings in my 401(k), but I’ll take it. Just reminds me how important it is to actually track this once a month, even if you really don’t feel like it. Because how you FEEL about how you’re doing isn’t actually reflective of how you’re ACTUALLY doing.

The bad news is that I have not been contributing to my savings like I usually do these last few months, and am STILL not up to my goal of saving 3 months of expenses. Definitely a goal for next month.

No comments: