About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, June 5, 2009

The OutWest Road Trip!

As mentioned in my previous post, the Guy and I are going to be setting out on a crazy OutWest roadtrip, starting in two months. Origin: Minneapolis, Final Destination: Palo Alto. Duration: One week in the car.

Frugal Tactics: staying with friends and using hotel points, eating at roadside diners as highlighted in our much beloved manual, RoadFood, using Cheap Gas Finders online, or various Costco locations along the way, and planning our own entertainment in advance (each leg of the trip will have a theme – accompanied by music, readings, etc.), and buying an America the Beautiful Pass in advance to save on the national park entry costs.

Estimated Total Cost:
Gas: $350
Lodging: $0
Food: $420
Parks/Parking: $80 + $30
Entertainment: $30
TOTAL: $455/person for a week-long memory. Priceless? More to come…

No comments: