About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bonus Time! & Goals Report

Finally, finally it’s end of year bonus time at my company – the total ended up being $2,942 (measly comapred to the other MBAs who have my same role, but a nice bump for me). And true to my goal, I am sending 60% to B-School Savings, 30% to the E-fund and devoting only 10% to something fun. I bought a new purse and a pair of orange flats for my something fun a bit ago, so the rest I sent to my travel fund.

As for my other two goals:
Carpooling 2x a week instead of 1 – I’m 2 for 5. I did manage to continue carpooling 1 day a week, and I will keep trying to step it up. When this is not *technically* the other person’s goal, it makes it tough.
Giving up Alcohol for any portion of time – No and No. Not only did I fail at this goal, I went to a wine tasting with friends and bought several expensive bottles – some for me and some for the Guy. I get very generous when I’m tipsy. Damn. For the rest of July, I’m going to just focus on the carpooling goal and reducing my driving in general. I will try to walk to the Guy’s place at least once and walk to yoga more often. Also, I’m going to start unplugging all my appliances (Cell phone charger, toaster, coffee maker, etc.). My average energy bill is pretty small as is, but every bit helps, and I can be greener this way as well. I’ve never tried this, but I’m NEVER in my apartment, and it really is such a waste.

In other news, this is my 99th post! How many posts are you on, and what were some of your biggest “milestones” in the pf journey, blog-related or otherwise?

No comments: