About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

On the Job Front.

So, I applied for a new job in New York today... in a completely different industry and role for me.

And I heard back from them in the same day that they wanted to talk to me. Relocation isn't covered for the position, so that would be a lot... and I'm already wrapped up in applying for business school... and I can't imagine that they would pay me more than I'm getting now... especially not to have the same lifestyle in New York... not to mention that the Guy isn't ready to leave yet...

But it was still encouraging to know that what I'm doing now isn't all that's out there. Even in the middle of a pseudo-recession.

Also, in another intriguing note: personal financial advisers made the list of the top twenty fastest-growing jobs. So if this new role doesn't work out, I can always shop out my newly acquired Bookish knowledge.

No comments: