About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Travel Plans & Goals...

Headed to the Cape with the Guy for the 4th – we’re staying with his parents for the week, so hopefully it will be a relatively economical trip, but you never know. Things always seem to pop up. Also I added a travel fund to my list of goals (does it mean something that I just keep knocking that wedding fund down the list…?) I’ve decided that I’d like to take a nice long trip with the Guy before we (eventually, at long-last) pick up and move out of the Midwest. We’ll both be in transition at that point – him into a new job somewhere and me getting ready to go back to school. And I’m not sure if the right time is this Fall or next Spring (probably depends on how prices are looking), but I think $2500 should be enough for a lengthy budget trip. Maybe not, but it’s a start. I’m thinking South America – maybe a hiking adventure of some kind along the Inca Trail or perhaps checking out some of those great Malbec’s in wine country. We shall see. My goal is to save $50 a month in an automatic deduction and then whatever else I can afford at the end of the budget cycle.

No comments: