About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Earning / Shopping. Cool.

I recently purchased from one of the promos they give you on E-Miles and the airline miles did show up in my Northwest account, and on time to boot. So I wanted to give a Consumer Reports style shout-out to E-Miles. Sometimes I’m skeptical that I’m missing something in the fine print, but I needed this anyway, so it was a worthwhile experiment. If you haven’t heard of it – definitely sign up. They give you airline frequent flyer miles in exchange for your time viewing ad messages and quick 3-question surveys. Very worth it, even for just a break in the workday.

Secondly, I’ve gotten hooked on this website – Shop it to Me. A friend of mine met the guy who launched it out in San Francisco and it seems to be growing quickly and doing well. The premise is that you select the brands and stores you like up front, and then you get an email newsletter two times a week with links to individual products on sale. I’m not a big online shopper, but I do like it for one reason: gives you more visibility to what types of things are on sale if you do a little research (implication: a reminder that you should never really pay full price for things in the retail space). One setting I would adjust is the price ceiling for items they show you. I keep lowering mine, so I won’t be tempted by anything over a couple hundred bucks. And I invited enough friends to get a free $10 gift certificate to use on the site. Fun!

No comments: