About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Monday, July 14, 2008

I am not so good at budgeting.

The All-Star break is here…and time for a bit of reality. I just crunched the numbers for June, and I was $350 over the budget I set. Shiza. I’m going to try to wrap up July on budget. Here’s what I’ll have to do to get there:

  • Not buy groceries for the rest of the month (to make up for how overbudget I went on clothing). Shouldn’t be too hard since I have plenty in the fridge and still have 4 big recipes I want to make.
  • $100 left for eating out and drinking (I have a friend coming in at the end of the month so that might be tough, but I definitely need to get more disciplined about this.)
  • Fill up the tank only one more time this month. I have half of a tank now so I would have to really punch up the carpooling.

No comments: