About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

More thoughts on Student Loan Debt

A follow-up on yesterday's post...

Sense for Dollars has a great post here on the fact that you shouldn’t be scared away from student loan debt when you go back to school. You should get smart and realize that even though the numbers are large, they’re real. You will need money not only for tuition but money to live. And fact is, it’s WAY better to have lots of student loan debt with better terms that doesn’t impact your credit rating than to skimp on loans and rack up credit card debt that doesn’t earn interest. A very wise reminder. So perhaps I will focus less on having enough money for school and make sure I’m getting everything else right and setting up solid savings principles independent of what my grad school situation will be. It’s only two years, after all.

No comments: