About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Date Night

So The Guy and I have decided to establish a weekday date night, so we make it a point of seeing each other and spending quality time together – not that watching the Daily Show together with our laptops isn’t quality. But hopefully this will be better QT. The guy took me out to a romantic restaurant for the first one. I have this week, and I’m going to take him to a free jazz show tonight at this club he’s been dying to go to. I’ve got to work up an arsenal of creative ideas though so I don’t end up defaulting to expensive dinners or boring movies.

Right now my list is:
4/1: Rush tickets to the Guthrie
4/17: standing in line for ice cream at Ben&Jerrys free cone day
4/30: making dinner at one of those prepare-your-own-meals kitchens
5/13: Game Night!
5/27: outdoor movie or a walk through a trail (hopefully warm enough by now!)

Any good ideas for cute, cheap dates? I blogged about it once before, but I’m running out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't like wednesdays? haha...i don't know why but i find that v. funny.

in re: to your post though, how about this:

A scavenger hunt or treasure hunt! being a guy myself, i'd absolutely enjoy that. esp if you made a map and the prizes were um...how do i say this..."naughty".

also, putting up a tent in the living room and making s'mores on the stove is pretty killer.

Suzy said...

yeah, man, Wednesdays are the worst!

thanks for the awesome suggestion. I am designing next week's treasure hunt right now :o)

great blog, by the way... I can't believe i haven't discovered it before!