About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Giving into "Great Deal" Temptation

When I finally gave in to the “great deal” temptation, I realized just how long it had been since I bought something I didn’t NEED. My splurge:

a huge Samsonite Rolling Duffle for only $40 at Costco.
I checked the website to post the exact item (and tempt all of you as well), but it doesn’t appear to be a national offer – perhaps only in regional (Midwest) warehouses.

The need is arguable. I do have a big suitcase already. It is old, squeaky and difficult to wield at high speeds through airports. But it is a large suitcase that works. But THIS one is sleek and versatile, and only $40 – and my old suitcase will run out at some point, in which case this deal might not exist. So all in all, I still think it was a wise purchase despite its falling decidedly into the nonessentials bucket.

1 comment:

mysticdomestica said...

As far as splurges go, I think yours was pretty sensible and economic!