About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Net Worth for October

I updated my Networth from October – down again, to $39,303. My cash savings went up 1% but my retirement savings went down 5%. My 401(k) annual rate of return is actually down 12%. (The actual number of shares are +22 since September 1st. That’s nice at least!) Deep breath, long term investment, deep breath, long term investment. Plus, I depreciated my car another $500. I’m really not sure what this asset is worth, so I may let it hang tight for a little while until I know more.

I mean, it’s just not a fun time right now. But there is perspective to be had. I’m (we’re) doing what we can – we’re pretty well off all and all, and in five years these dips will be just one blip on the Net Worth journey.

No comments: