About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

November Net Worth & New Goals

Holy plummet!

I was prepared for a bit of a dip due to clearing out my travel fund for Argentina. That combined with my Roth and 401(k) performance = wow, my 2009 goal is seeming pretty out of reach! My net worth is now $38.9K, down $332 from last month. My retirement accounts alone decreased in value by 3% just last month.

December is not exactly the ideal month to batten down the financial hatches, especially with the Guy’s 30th birthday coming up! Loads of festivities in order for that. On top of all the various holiday celebrations. But here goes… my goals for December.

> Organize writing/other projects and create a detailed plan of attack
> Log significant writing time (1 hour per weekend)
> Limit work badge spending to $40 for month of December
> Stick to a 2-drink only policy for holiday parties out. (This will be tough....)
> Stick to the 5-day workout plan.
> Send an extra $100 to my emergency fund at the end of the month. (Right now, my budget hangs together by keeping savings slimmer this month, but I want to try to reverse that if I can… my stretch goal.)

No comments: