About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sidebar Update

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Hope everyone is enjoying their own version of food and family...

Now that I'm back from my trip and my travel fund was completely depleted, I decided to reorganize and reprioritize my sidebars a bit... My #1 goal is to hit that emergency fund goal, and I am more focused there than ever. As I try to meet my 2009 Annual Net Worth Goal I am going to be more focused on balancing each month's budget based on income and expenses. I want to make sure that I am using every $1 of my twice monthly paycheck that is not spent to go into that emergency fund (vs. just hanging out in a stray checking account).



The Guy and I have decided that we're getting a dog on April 1st and our goal is to save $1000 before that time to cover dogwalking expenses. In financial terms, April 1st is SO CLOSE. So I have to get serious about this one.



Finally, I'm realizing it's not going to be even close to realistic for me to save anything substantial for grad school or a wedding right now, so I have opened that subaccount in ING, but until I get through with goals #2 and #3, I'm not going to worrry about it too much. Perhaps more focus will really help!

No comments: