About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Big Financial Blunders

When I think back on what I would consider my big financial blunders since graduating from college, they don’t seem so bad. When I tried to think about them, I actually only came up with two:

+ Last minute flight a few years ago to DC to visit a friend on a whim $550
+ Falling prey to the super-expensive “spa-like” dentist and having two fillings there $800


In the long run, lessons learned, and not that big of a deal. Both are somewhat justifiable in the name of friendship and health, despite the upcharge.

Which reminds me that it’s often the smaller things – not the big things, that really tend to get you off kilter financially – just eating out too much, shopping too much, little by little. Like this month… having already gotten through 80% of my discretionary spending in 50% of the days. Sigh. What are your past financial blunders, recalled?

No comments: