About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Sad Commentary

So my company is impacted by the recent peanut butter recall (we do not actually have products to recall, but people think we do… that whole “better safe than sorry” mentality). Plus consumers don’t have time to check the company websites of every product they pull off the shelf. So our consumer insights group commissioned a quick study on the matter and one of the findings was that more people are aware of the peanut butter recall (87%) than the worsened state of the economy (84%)!

Wow, which really just goes to show you how oblivious people are and how little people like to think about money!

"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like 10% unemployment"
… er, I mean, unrequited love – sorry Charlie Brown.

No comments: