About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Financial Freedom and HandCuffs

I've been reading every drop about the billions in the stimulus packages and listening to all of the NPR stories on the economic crisis, the credit crisis, the housing crisis, ad nauseum, and I don't think I could hear an original thought about it at this point. But then I brushed across this quote in an old Moleskine, and it seemed extremely salient...

“The ideas that liberate one generation become the shackles of the next”
– Sir Isaiah Berlin

No comments: