About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Romance Under $5

Amazing - at my caucus location last night, only 58 people were there at the last election. This year, around 400 people voted!

Now that the politics are over, it's time for love. This year my Valentine's Day plan with the Guy is simple: I'm going to Whitecastle. For those not in the know, on 2/14 they dress up the place to a white tablecloth style restaurant and you can eat sliders with knife and fork if you like. I've actually never been, so I'm excited for the cute kitsch of it all. Even more excited to not have to spend oodles on a romantic dinner. Romance is not about spending dollars.

More ideas for cheap romance:
Visit an Architectural Salvage store / Long Drive to find a Star Gazing Spot / Bake Cookies Together / People Watching at a Coffee Shop / Play Board Games or Card Games together / Create a “Theme Night” Ex. Paris: Baguette, cheese, French wine

Any other good ideas out there?

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I've never been to a White Castle, but I would have LOVE to gone on Valentine's Day! That sounds hilarious!