About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Monday, December 1, 2008

November Goals Wrap-Up

A little ahead of things since I already posted my December goals, but I won't let myself get away with a recap on last month. With my Argentina wiping out most of my month altogether, I had only three goals. How’d I do?


Devote 1 solid hour of weekend time to reading and organizing current projects.
I made good strides but I want to keep this going into December, to get serious about my writing especially.


Read the Wall Street Journal everyday.
Complete fail. I read the WSJ three days entirely: 11/1, 11/6, 11/25


Create a Detailed Holiday Gift Plan
Check! And so far, I’m sticking to it!


Limit “Employee Badge spending” to $40
Sorta-kinda. For the things I normally spend money on (food/coffee), I actually limited my spending to $16. But I put a $50 dry cleaning bill on my badge, for an overage of $26 over my goal. I will still be monitoring this next month though.

No comments: