About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, March 20, 2009

a LOT ahead of me.

Since it's officially Stanford, I have a long to-do list ahead of me. Item one: loan research for next year!

GOOD NEWS: Stanford gave me $32,979 in grant/fellowship money!

BAD NEWS: The remainder of the year's estimated cost is $53,120, which I will have to cover in loans. Here's the breakdown:

$3,000 in a Federal Perkins Loan (5%)
$8,500 in a Federal Stafford Loan (subsidized through school)
$12,000 in a Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (6.8%)
$29,620 in GradPLUS or Private Loans (7.9-8.5% or dependent on my credit rating)

All for one year of my life! Whew. My to-do list: finding out more about Stanford preferred lenders, if there are any, and if not - immersion in GradPLUS.

No comments: