About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

R.I.P. Dog Fund

Well, I have officially given up the dream of becoming a dog-owner. Since we don't know for sure where we'll be living in California and where the Guy will be working and how long our commutes will be... it seems like we can't really go for it until we fill in the rest of the picture.
(The dog in the picture, by the way, is Rascal - the cute dauschand I've been eyeing at the Humane Society).

So, I have officially reshuffled my goals and spilled the majority of the money I was saving for a dog over into my emergency fund (80% there!!!) While we may eventually get a dog, we're just going to figure it out when we get there. Most of the money I was saving was going towards dog-walkers, which we wouldn't have in California, since I'd be back in school and could do it myself. So at least that expense is avoided, and I'm going to focus on my other goals in the meantime.


.... But I am sad. :(

No comments: