About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sidebars Updated! And Reconsidering Goals...

Updated my sidebar goals... networth is actually up (my tax refunds outweighed the significant dips in my retirement accounts), which is pretty darn amazing. Even if I know it will droop back next month after I send in my deposit for b-school tuition, it's nice to have an artificial high for now. Also, *ALMOST* to 75% of my Emergency Fund. So exciting!!

Post-script: after tramping all over Cambridge on housing tours this past weekend for HBS, the Guy and I exchanged more than a few knowing looks when we heard tenant after tenant tell us that pretty much no good housing in the area accepted pets, and that it was pretty near impossible to keep a dog on grad-student schedules. Maybe we can't get our dog after all? It's not certain yet... but maybe we really do have to hold off for now?? Tragic. How do you deal when you've been looking forward to something for SO long, but it's just not meant to be....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a friend who used to go volunteer to walk shelter dogs when she lived someplace that didn't allow pets. It's not quite the same as having your own, but it's a thought.