About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Studying up on my Student Loan Options

One of my 2009 annual goals – given the fact that I’m going back to school this Fall was to become an expert on student loans and secure a really great package. Based on my financial aid package, I will have to secure between $12,000 and $30,000 in additional private loans in addition to the federal loan package I already received from Stanford. While the approval process will generally be short for private loans (between 48 hours and a week), the becoming-an-expert process will take a lot longer. I will probably wait a little later in the summer to understand if Stanford has preferred lenders set up and if I will want to simply pursue additional funding from the same institution that my GradPlus Loans will be coming from, but in the meantime, I have narrowed down a list of 14 other private options to explore (with the help of finaid.org) – whew. I have a heard the most about CitiAssist and US Bank’s No Fee Loan, but I want to do lots more research to understand which might have the best terms and most competitive rate. And in the meantime I got to refresh myself on what the LIBOR acronym stands for. Good fun for a Monday afternoon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is truly awesome in all aspects.
paydaylady

Anonymous said...

I love to read and appreciate your work.
loanjurong

philip said...

I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.
ineedcashloan

Unknown said...

The caliber of collection that you are providing is but marvelous.
3 credit bureau report

sherly said...

I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.
cashloansquickly.com

Unknown said...

I surmise I have chosen an intelligent and mind blowing website with interesting material.
loan website

markus trescothic said...

I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.
Reclaim PPI