About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, February 22, 2008

$54,000,000,000,000

Twelve zeros. It’s a weird number to look at. That would be the national debt. And we regular-joe consumers thought we were screwing it up. That figure, according to Alan Quasha of Quadrant Management in this article is 3.9 times our revenues as a nation. I have been watching and listening to NPR and CNN a lot about the sub-prime mortgage crisis and the impending recession. I still haven’t deduced what exactly this means to me and what, if anything I’m supposed to change about my life. I got on board with blogging about my wallet and my goals before there was any panic in the air about the economy. I started because I wanted to be more conscientious about how I spent my money and what my priorities were so I could 1) stop worrying about it and 2) start getting better at building my net worth. (And I’ve stuck with it because it’s kinda fun). So net net, I think I’ll stick with that plan and not worry too much about the nation. I’ll leave that to Obama next year :o)

Happy Weekend, all!

1 comment:

PiggyBankBlues said...

just wanted to let you know i tagged you in a meme :) no pressure to participate, keep up the great blogging!