About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Tax Return Report + Work Challenge

I’ve already gotten my prepared tax return back and filed, and the report back is more favorable than I thought! $2,038 return altogether ($1,607 federal and $431 state).
I could contribute another $1200 into my Roth IRA to hit the $4,000 maximum for 2007 and the deadline is April 15th so I have some time, but I don’t think I will end up doing this. I’m already feeling pretty good about my Roth monthly deductions, and I think I could really use the money to get whole on my emergency fund, so that’s probably what I’ll do.

Add in whatever small amount comes in with Mr. Bush’s rebate checks, and that might be a nice little boost.

Also, I’m taking up Krystal’s Challenge over at Give Me Back my Five Bucks to not buy my lunch or any snacks while at work until March 31. I have to say I’m pretty good at this already. I take my lunch most days, also bring healthy snacks from home, and (because I work for a food company) there are usually surprises left out in the office for those days when a craving strikes. It takes so long to walk all the way down to our cafeteria that I’m usually not motivated to do that either. So I don’t think this will be too terribly hard. But a month’s a long time, so we’ll see.

No comments: