About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Uh Oh

Forbes.com just cited New York as the world’s #4 most expensive rental market, and noted that it’s “not at all uncommon for people to spend over half their take-home pay on housing” there. As someone who’s thinking about moving there in a year or two, that makes me swallow hard. Although I’ve read lots of other pf blogs from New Yorkers, and you guys do a lot better than me in my cheap Midwest digs. Kudos. Interesting, but not surprising, that every other city in the top 10 most expensive rental markets was outside of the U.S.

No comments: