About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How To Make A Million Before You Turn 20... or 30.

On the subject of business... this was an interesting article I ran across about tips from five young entrepreneurs who made quick fortunes on various businesses. Everything from greeting cards to internet ideas, British jams and social networking for high-schoolers. “Their common thread: preternatural business sense and demon drive to turn ideas into reality.” The variety of enterprises they (and many older business-men and women) have engaged prove it’s more that “demon drive” and the faith to believe in your own ideas.

2 comments:

mysticdomestica said...

Ever since I was in high school, my mother would always point out stories about people my age who made millions with keen business savvy. She still does--only she still only points out high-school millionaires, as if I weren't in my 20s and, well, considering an MFA. I think that ship set sail a long time ago for me, mom...

Suzy said...

Yes... I already switched to the dark side from wanting an MFA to signing up for the MBA. Trust me, you chose the right ship! I'm always daydreaming about what I really want to do...