About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Awesome Site for Frugal Food: CookThink.com

Ever since English Major’s Money blogged about batch cooking, I've been wanting to give it a shot. I'm thinking it will hopefully help with my compulsion impulses – when something is in front of me, I want to consume it immediately. So while it saves on planning and money, I'm hoping it might help with the calories too.

Before I got started I found this website: that helps out with inspiration. You can select your “mood” and CookThink spits out recipe ideas that match how you’re feeling. Everything from “grassy” to “spontaneous” to “elegant.” The more interesting way it works when it comes to frugal cooking: you can search based on ingredient, so you can figure out what you can make for dinner with what you already have in your pantry. Here’s what I tried:
  • Spicy Penne with Shrimp and Mint
  • Chicken Kebabs with Broccoli & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

YUM!

No comments: