About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Insane Outrageous ?*%! Are-You-Serious Prices

I admit it, I’ve written before about how I’ve traded up and spent way more on certain brands or experiences, even though I know the actual product or service isn’t that much different than it’s non-premium alternative. Some of the pricey items on this new list of the priciest items made my jaw drop… and made me laugh a little bit at the absurdity of people who really think that these products are worth it. The article also talks a little about how it’s not really that insane – that companies can actually price that high and keep the business afloat. A few highlights…

Most Expensive:
Dessert – Serendipity Restaurant in NYC $25,000
Pair of Jeans – Earnest Sewn and Van Cleef & Arpels $11,300
Dinner – Almas Caviar at a London Hotel $2,000
Facial – Spa Radiance in San Francisco $750
Bottle of Water – Bling H20 $40

3 comments:

PiggyBankBlues said...

LOL, that was great entertainment, thanks! even if i had $25k for dessert, i don't think i could do it. for a book, maybe :)

f.f. said...

Is there cocaine in the water?

Suzy said...

ha, must be!

and cocaine in the dessert too. the chocolate dessert at Serendipity said it had 25 different cocoas from around the world. but i didn't know cocoa = crack.